My ranking of Top Three Transformational Giving Thinkers, in no particular order:
- World Gospel Mission’s VP of International Ministries Tim Rickel
- World Gospel Mission’s Director of Homeland Ministries Todd Eckhardt
- Mission Increase Foundation’s Regional Giving and Training Officer Matt Bates
Two of these guys just started new blogs you should definitely read and add to your RSS feed:
- In Tim’s eponymous blog, TG crashes into his real life in ways that are remarkable precisely because they’re so, well, unremarkable. It’s TG as a lifestyle, not as a fundraising strategy. Tim is like that, and I learn about TG from watching how he lives. (I mean, reading about how he lives. Let’s not get creepy.)
- In Todd’s Lessons From Zarephath, we encounter a first rate preacher/missionary who has also become a remarkable TG teacher-in-the-trenches, training WGM’s new missionaries and retraining the experienced ones in this new approach to development. I’ve had Todd guest-post numerous times on my blog here (just type “Eckhardt” in the search box, since there’s too many posts to link to), and his TG teaching consistently teaches me, too.
But Bates is such a deep thinker that one post a year is probably ample.