In my efundraising DVD I share the paradoxical principle that the best blog posts you do ought to be on other blogger’s blogs. And in a post I did recently from Korea, I shared the Transformational Giving Insight From The East that you know that you’re in TG territory when it’s impossible to tell who gave and who received.
Kem Meyer’s Virtual Book Tour for her latest work, Less Clutter. Less Noise, is a peerless embodiment of both principles.
Here’s what Kem did:
- Two weeks ago on her well-read blog she posted an invite for bloggers who had read the book to email her a question about the material in the book.
- She selected questions from 26 bloggers, each from a local church.
- She posted the names and blogsites of the bloggers whose sites she’d be stopping by on May 29 to answer the question that blogger had asked.
- Each blogger selected received a copy of Kem’s book to give away to a reader of their own blog.
- On May 29 she posted a unique answer to a unique question on each of the 26 blogs, summarizing the questions on her amazon.com blog.
Who was the giver and who was the recipient in this strategy?